Roll hoops

Started by Anonymous, December 28, 2003, 18:57

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me where I can buy some chrome roll hoops for my 2003 MR2 ?  Preferably in the UK..... They must fit with both soft and hard top.
Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Grace if you do a search on 'style  bars' theres a few options available to you but mostly from abroad unless you go for Mr T's version

Slacey

See here for details on 'Davids' bars  m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1046 m , or go to your local Toyota dealer for details of the TTE bar.
Both work with the hard top and cover the most common styles. Although 'Davids' are manufactured in France, it shouldn't be too much trouble getting them over should you decide on those - your dealer will supply the TTE should you choose that one, although we may be having a TTE GB soon, so may be worth waiting?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

What TTE GB are you refering too  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:? :? s:?

mod
the gb has now been announced: http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=2754
Chris

/mod

Slacey

Quote from: "cartell"What TTE GB are you refering too  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:? :? s:?
The one that will hopefully be happening on the entire range of TTE goodies following the metting at Essen, as mentioned by the guys who attended....

Anonymous

I've bought a set of Davids bar although I haven't fitted them yet.  The quality of the bars is very high and I was well impressed.  The also turned up in next to know time as well.

J.

Slacey

Quote from: "marriedblonde"I've bought a set of Davids bar although I haven't fitted them yet.  The quality of the bars is very high and I was well impressed.  The also turned up in next to know time as well.

J.
If you need any help with the install, give me a shout - I have written an install guide that I can send too, if you need it.

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with David, ie. a telephone number or e-mail address.  I'm very interested in getting these hoops.
Thanks

Anonymous

grace, you have a PM

Anonymous

Does anyone know the price of the Davids bars? I have seen some on Dieamond's site for 400 euros, is that about right? I also remember reading a thread somewhere that someone was saying that they were catching the soft top when raising & lowering (Just CAN'T find that elusive thread now)  s:x :x s:x  

Also, did anything come of the TTE Group Buy?

markiii

the tte group buy will be happening soon. Take a look at the thread for initial guide prices. we expect to get a discount on these but need to assess possible interest before that can be finalised. Post yout interest.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"the tte group buy will be happening soon. Take a look at the thread for initial guide prices. we expect to get a discount on these but need to assess possible interest before that can be finalised. Post yout interest.
TTE prices are around £390 which seems a bit expensive, 400 euros is around  £270ish. I think that my Bank Manager & Wife would prefer the bars from Dieamonds site, gotto think of other GB's that are in the offing (lowering springs etc) Thanks anyway  s:) :) s:)

dancarbon

Quote from: "Roadblade"I also remember reading a thread somewhere that someone was saying that they were catching the soft top when raising & lowering
A bit of care and fine tuning whilst fitting will see the soft top miss the 'oops.
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

For more info on style bars, look at my sig down there at the bottom of this reply.      s:D :D s:D

Tags: