Workshop Manual

Started by aluk49, March 23, 2008, 14:06

aluk49

Hi, had my MR2 a few weeks now, and I wondered if there is a workshop manual available on CD?  Hopefully I'll never need to do any major repairs, but just like to be able to refer to it.

By the way, is there any further news on the North Weald activity day.

Thanks

Al

kanujunkie

we do have one but we cant post it up as that would violate copyright laws, however i posted a letter this morning to Toyota GB requesting that we can post the BGB, so we'll see what happens
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

cclarke99

I've no idea what the legal status is but there is one posted here **mod link removed**

Liz

Quote from: "cclarke99"I've no idea what the legal status is but there is one posted here **mod link removed**

posted previous to your post by Stu...

Quote from: "kanujunkie"we do have one but we cant post it up as that would violate copyright laws

And because WE,  ie the Club, have no idea either  thats the reason why we have not put it up or any link to it  s:? :? s:?  .  
It would not have any legal implications for you - but it means that if we got sued for that there would be no club left! So if you would be so kind - please wait until Stu gets an answer as he is going down the proper route of seeking permission before posting.
Thank you.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Repair manuals and other documentation can be viewed and purchased at  m http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/ m . Purchasing CDs might be expensive but one day subscription for online viewing is only 16 euros. You can also legally print those for personal use. There's 1357 pdf files for MR2   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

cclarke99

As far as the legal side goes, I would have thought that it's  illegal to post copyright material of that sort in the public domain, but there is nothing against bringing peoples attention to it's location. For those still looking; try an ebay search or Google on "MR2 manual" - you'll find at least two for sale or try "index of toyota-mr2 spyder"

Liz

Quote from: "cclarke99"As far as the legal side goes, I would have thought that it's  illegal to post copyright material of that sort in the public domain, but there is nothing against bringing peoples attention to it's location. For those still looking; try an ebay search or Google on "MR2 manual" - you'll find at least two for sale or try "index of toyota-mr2 spyder"

Well you have told people how to find it to purchase in your above post, as has Karpo previously..... which is a bit different from a free link which you posted yesterday- please respect the clubs stand on this, as I said before - its not your butt on the line  s:? :? s:?  .

aluk49

sorry, didn't mean to start all this controversy!

Liz

No I am sorry that it had to start this debate, I sincerely apologise that it has gone down this line.  I sincerely hope that you can see my reason behind deleting the link.  The club would be responsible if Toyota got the hump about it and we haven't got enough in the club funds to battle their solicitors.  s:D :D s:D

Wabbitkilla

Don't worry al, we know you were trying to be helpful.  s:D :D s:D  

It's really a shame that Toyota or Haynes haven't published a manual as that would avoid all these issues. It is available to be bought online, so let's leave it at that.

I should caution everyone though that the eBay manuals are not always what they report to be. Some people have bought those and found they only cover the MKi and MKii cars.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

markiii

Toyota have produced a manual

it;'s just £120 to buy, still reckon they were teh best thing I ever bought though
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

cclarke99

Please also accept my apologies - again only trying to be helpful. Referring to the above, karpos idea is certainly worth considering, if you thought you could download the lot in 3 hours you could subscribe for just 9 Euros - a bargain! I'm sure when I looked at this site before it was only available in the USA, hence I was planning at one stage to get a colleague over there to buy me a copy for collection on my next trip. There is also a facility for owners clubs - perhaps of interest to kanujunkie in his enquiries.
Re ebay, the sellers make it pretty clear which car they are referring to.  The item [mod]Link removed[/mod]
is specifically for the Mk3 car and the sample page looks exactly right, so should be a safe bet. Add to that they're generally pretty cheap, so not that serious if it's not the right one
Finally markiii, please tell us where you got your manual from

markiii

the MR2DC club shop

or any Toyota dealership
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Karpo"Repair manuals and other documentation can be viewed and purchased at  m http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/ m . Purchasing CDs might be expensive but one day subscription for online viewing is only 16 euros. You can also legally print those for personal use. There's 1357 pdf files for MR2   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I did this a while back and now I can print out what i want when i need it, or should I say when something's wrong with my 2 my neighbour can tell me which bits I need to print out for him!!!

Well worth 16euros in my opinion

carl_evs

Revival of thread I know but....

Say if I was *theoretically* going to buy one of these manuals from e-bay from that seller....has anyone had dealings with them as they only have 12 items (although a 100% record for the same thing?!)

Of course from a legal standpoint I have read the clubs side and wouldn't dream of purchasing an item that may be in violation of copyright!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

kanujunkie

[Admin]Thread locked, official responce from Toyota is posted on this link

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20558 m

the toyota docs website is an official link and is being left on this link

[/Admin]
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: