Out of a Mk2 and into a Mk3

Started by vanilla.coffee, September 12, 2008, 20:16

vanilla.coffee

Picked this up on Thursday, very pleased with it and love the way it drives compared to my previous Mk2.
Two totally different cars but I like this one... a lot...!   s8) 8) s8)  

No fancy pictures as its getting dark but these will do for now.

Regards,

VC

VVT-i

Nice car VC... it's about time you saw the light  s;) ;) s;)

How does Gary Numan sound in it?
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

loadswine

Very nice! Those pics look pretty good.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Wabbitkilla

Welcome to the nuthouse VC ....shineeeee car, looking very nice   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

VVT-i

Quote from: "vanilla.coffee"
Quote from: "VVT-i"Nice car VC... it's about time you saw the light  s;) ;) s;)

How does Gary Numan sound in it?

That's something I totally overlooked. How does Gary Numan sound in it....? Will report back tomorrow. "Down in the park" with the roof down....   s:D :D s:D  
I have been considering a Mk3 for a while now so it was time for a change.

Now I get it people of the ROC. Now I see what all the fuss is about!!!   s8) 8) s8)

I could tell you.. but then mine will sound a little different due to the subs and amps I have behind the seats. My Shadow In Vain sounds superb in mine (Live White Noise version)

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

kentsmudger

Welcome aboard!

(Don't mention HIDs!)
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

spit

Always liked the Mk2 but never got around to owning one   s:( :( s:(  

Your car and photos look great v-c (MR-S - yay!). Are you sticking with it or going to be tempted down the modding route? There's plenty around on the forums, but the pre-lift responds particularly well to some additional chassis bracing.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Hey VC - looks like we graduated on the same day   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "VVT-i"I could tell you.. but then mine will sound a little different due to the subs and amps I have behind the seats. My Shadow In Vain sounds superb in mine (Live White Noise version)

And you never put it on when you took me out in the car tonight    s:( :( s:(    Mind you, listening to that engine was amazing   s8) 8) s8)  

Hi VC,  I'm not stalking you , honest   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

VVT-i

Should have asked... being 40 = not much bothered about loud music lol.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "VVT-i"Should have asked... being 40 = not much bothered about loud music lol.
i'm 40 young and still like my loud music  s:? :? s:?  Needs to be loud to hear it as by 40 your half deaf  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

onion86

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "VVT-i"Should have asked... being 40 = not much bothered about loud music lol.
i'm 40 young and still like my loud music  s:? :? s:?  Needs to be loud to hear it as by 40 your half deaf  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I'm 22 and half deaf due to the loud music  s:P :P s:P

Nice car VC, like the pics and the kit. My bro has a MK2 tubby and he def took a liking to my MR-S when I got it. He's getting to the time when he's wanting a bit more space though so probably going down an alternative route away from our favourtie little midship.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

roger

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Needs to be loud to hear it as by 40 your half deaf  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
20 past 9.

..........and by 60 you're fully deaf......and blind (no comments please)
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Chris

Welcome to another mk2 owner who has seen the light - soon us mk3 lot will have total world domination..   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Hmm nice pics - looking moody in that evening light - I've always like the trd stage 1 kit, just subtle enough to enhance without being ott imo.
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

VVT-i

Quote from: "roger"and by 60 you're fully deaf......and blind (no comments please)

Didn't you listen??.. you were warned that it would make you go blind!!

Anonymous

Very nice car

Good quality pics too   s:D :D s:D

Tags: