Where to store your hardtop

Started by Anonymous, May 3, 2009, 23:58

Anonymous

I really needed the ability to remove my hardtop without having to call on a second set of hands to lift it off the car. I also had no place to store the hardtop in the garage once it was off the car.
I did a search on the forum but really could not find to much on what owners do with their hardtops other than using either the MrT or some home made stand.

Anyway here is my solution
I braced the roof of my garage and installed an electric winch

Braced and installed timber to hold the hardtop once raised

Just back the Spyder into position under the hoist

Undo the hardtop clips and slip the ropes into position

O Rings clip onto the catch of the electric hoist

The electric hoist just raises the hardtop off the car

Picture showing the hardtop fully raised and now resting on the timber crossbeams

Picture showing the hardtop in position with the car under

Picture of the hardtop sitting in position

Well thats it quite a simple solution that allows me to take off and store my hardtop without any assistance

Aussie

Ilogik

wish I had the space for one of those. I lifted my hardtop off by myself. Getting it on again was the hard part lol
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Anonymous

Great solution,i just need a hard top and winch now!

Wabbitkilla

I just need a garage, a power supply, the winch, the wood.

Nice solution though, i always thought something like this would work great, but was thinking a hand winch woud be enough.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

alancdavis

I see you need the space with such a small garage,,,,  s:) :) s:)
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

aluk49

How did you feed the hardtop through the wood frame when lifting?

SteveJ

The beams it is sitting on slide in afterwards

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"The beams it is sitting on slide in afterwards
Thats it and then a bolt through each corner just to hold the beams in place

Aussie

DannyN

I looked at this but didnt want to rest the hardtop on its seals for a prolonged period of time
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Turbotrucker

I think this is a fantastic idea!!  s:D :D s:D  One of the main reasons I keep mine on is cos' my missus moans like hell when I ask her to help me remove it!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
  You got to admit too, this must be the coolest way to remove/add your hardtop  s8) 8) s8)    s:D :D s:D  
Great idea Aussie! I am certainly looking into this for myself!  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
2005 Sable grey Red edition,2zz by Rogue,Toyota GB skirts and spats.Markiii pipe+k&n Panel, Rogue manifold, Sports Cat,TTE Exhaust, TTE style bar, S2000 Seats, Mongo's;) Red Mohair Roof, Whiteline ARB's.

mrzwei

The bastards driving slk's press a button and it disappears into the boot and so saves a lot of roof space in the garage (only kidding   s:D :D s:D   nice one).
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Tags: