What Mods Do You Think?

Started by Anonymous, February 15, 2004, 21:55

Anonymous

I've got £200-£300 spare to spend on mods, what do you suggest??

You need to bear in mind that I'm useless at DIY, it extended my abilities fitting a hardtop!

Please don't anybody suggest re-spraying my hardtop red!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I'm looking for the maximum benefit for the minimum effort.

Liz

Lowering springs for sure, got to be done and looks so much nicer, IMHO!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

before:  m http://groups.msn.com/LizMyers/lowering ... PhotoID=23 m

after:  m http://groups.msn.com/LizMyers/lowering ... PhotoID=27 m
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

lowering springs and see if you hae enough for the antiflex plate group buy.

LeeUK

Eibach lowering springs and definately an Apex'i intake!

Get someone who knows what they are doing fit the springs, and the apex'i is easy just don't bother trying to fit the heatshield because it is very frustrating!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

mph

Being performance orientated, I'd suggest the lowering springs too - get the best of both worlds that way. For more cheap but effective modifications, why not look towards replacing the plastic mesh with some metal grill equivilents?
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

If I get lowering springs fitted am I likely to run into any warranty issues with MrT or extra insurance premiums?

Liz

Get them fitted by Mr T  s:) :) s:)   they can't moan then!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Slacey

Quote from: "roadsterman99"If I get lowering springs fitted am I likely to run into any warranty issues with MrT or extra insurance premiums?
Warranty shouldn't be a problem unless one of the struts blows or something (they could blame the spring, if they even notice them) and insurance is a mixed bag... mine have loaded me for every mod so far, but lowering attracts no charge  s:? :? s:?  , where others might.

Check out my pre-GB thread in Buying....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

get some ICE   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Eventually decided.. and have ordered style bars today.  s8) 8) s8)  

I'm thinking cosmetic mods first.

Still I'm sure I will find a little cash next month to do something else.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Where did you order from?

Anonymous

From Mark at Turbospares in Worcester, collecting Tuesday.

Anonymous

get an exhaust, it will sound better ant inprove performance.. plus and HKS filter when you can afford it!  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Yes, I think that will be next on the list. Have started work on Mrs roadsterman99 for the okay.

Anonymous

Have ordered TTE exhaust, will be fitted next week.  s:D :D s:D  

Today changed my Malibu black cloth seat backs to Acapulco red cloth, really looks good! (pic on my website)
Not decided whether to change actual seats from black to red yet???

Anonymous

What about:

Inlet pipe (GB has just finished - may be one for the future); TRD headers; some performance panel filter (to complement the inlet pipe) or if you're going the other way, an apexi intake; ceedap anti flex plate; TRD front strut brace; painted exhaust heatshield (just need an O2 sensor socket for about £6), see articles section; Painted calipers, if that's your thing; slimline numberplates - see my thread in apperance mods- up to you about the legality but it's such a subtle mod that I can't see you ever getting pulled - we haven't.

These are just a few for starters, I know I've duplicated some already on the post but these are along the lines of what I have or intend to do. Just can't wait to get my H&S, the inlet pipe and anti flex plate.

Anonymous

Quote from: "roadsterman99"Yes, I think that will be next on the list. Have started work on Mrs roadsterman99 for the okay.

So what did you agree to then?

Ironing for a Month?

Housework for a Month?

Weekend away?

All of the above!

Just funning!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "RUSTY"What about:

Inlet pipe (GB has just finished - may be one for the future); TRD headers; some performance panel filter (to complement the inlet pipe) or if you're going the other way, an apexi intake; ceedap anti flex plate; TRD front strut brace; painted exhaust heatshield (just need an O2 sensor socket for about £6), see articles section; Painted calipers, if that's your thing; slimline numberplates - see my thread in apperance mods- up to you about the legality but it's such a subtle mod that I can't see you ever getting pulled - we haven't.

These are just a few for starters, I know I've duplicated some already on the post but these are along the lines of what I have or intend to do. Just can't wait to get my H&S, the inlet pipe and anti flex plate.
Can't wait to het my H&S, inlet pipe and anti flex plate too  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Roadblade

Mrs roadsterman99 hasn't told me the cost yet, but I fear it won't be cheap.
I have also slipped out lowering springs....  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Had Mr T fit my TTE Dual Exhaust (Friday). Not bad service apart from 15min wait when I went to collect.
Been out for first real drive with the new exhaust and the sound is fantastic.
A lovely deep rumble when accelerating  s:D :D s:D  

Need to knock mods on the head, while my bank balance recovers (hardtop, roll bar, taller wind deflector, dual exhaust & seat covers and hardtop trolley & cover have given my account a pasting).

Unless anyone can suggest very cheap mods   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "roadsterman99"Unless anyone can suggest very cheap mods   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Visor plugs for the summer - take your crappy sun visors off that you wont use anyway and get the roof up and down easier.

Anonymous

QuoteVisor plugs for the summer - take your crappy sun visors off that you wont use anyway and get the roof up and down easier.

Yes, I think I will. With the weight saving I should achieve a considerable performance improvement  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: