yeah im a newie! hard tops!

Started by Anonymous, March 10, 2004, 02:00

Anonymous

how u'z doin? ok so im 95% certain im gonna begin my search for the mr2 of my dreams in bout 4 weeks time and i was wondering...
is the hard top just detachable or can u get a folding one? also whats the best site 2 go to 2 see the ins and outs of the car! like modifications that can be done and some really good pictures of different roadsters??

be gentle wiv me imnew 2 this game!!

nice 1!   col

Anonymous

The hard top is removeable, the soft top is  folding.

Slacey

Dig around in here and you will find all the info and pics you'll ever need  s:D :D s:D  

And as Victor said, the hardtop is detachable. Go to a dealers and see if they have a HT Roadster in, and ask them to demonstrate.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

cheers! i've got no idea really ive been driving around in a fiesta but cum into sum money and want an mr2 so bad! lowest insurance i can get is 1700! how poor is that guess thats the problems 21 year olds face! haha

Anonymous

Quote from: "Col_1"but cum into sum money

surely if you do that then a shop wont accept it?

Anonymous

Tee hee

Anonymous

Kris, you are a comedian.......  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Horrible images are forming in my mind though.........thanks!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Two's Company

QuoteCol_1 wrote:
but cum into sum money

surely if you do that then a shop wont accept it?

Just got some strange looks from the people I'm sat near for LOL.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

GSB

Hi Col, and welcome to the club...

As has already been stated, the Hardtop on the MR2 is a removable Glass-Fibre top, which latches onto the car once the soft-top has been lowered. Whilst it has the advantage of added chassis rigidity, better visibility and better soundproofing, its disadvantages are that its very expensive, and you need to find somewhere to store it. It also prevents you from taking advantage of those 1 or 2 hour windows of bright sunshine on an otherwise crappy day, and come spring time you'll see many disapointed  hardtop owners who are unable to put the roof down on the first blazing sunny day.

As for the best site to research modifications? Well, here is a good start, and also http://www.spyderchat.com, our US based equivalent.

For photos etc, take a look around the site and you'll dig up some gems, both of standard cars, and hugely modified ones. You may also find a few pointers on getting the cost of insurance down too...

Just one thing though Col, we have a hugely diverse membership from all over the world, many of whom use English as their second or even third language. Its a fair bet that they were taught the more conventional form of English and not the abbreviated form that you use, thus many wont be able to understand anything you've written. Any chance you can stick to plain simple english spelling and punctuation?

Cheers, and best of luck in your hunt for an MR2, take a look in the buy/sell forum and see if theres one there that takes your fancy...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Do you want to buy my MR2?   s:D :D s:D  

m http://tinyurl.com/3d85l m

Liz

Ohhh, less than an hour to go - have to be quick!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

ok plain english from now on!  there were sum very rude comments there but all in good jest!  

ok well i think after reading sumthing the soft top is defenatly the way 2 stay!

cant wait 2 get it!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Col_1"ok plain english from now on!

sum is spelt, some.   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"
Quote from: "Col_1"ok plain english from now on!

sum is spelt, some.   s:) :) s:)

Give hime some slack...Must be Liverpudlian dialect!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Chris

well, it's all been said already, so just remains for me to welcome you as well, and hope to see pics of your new '2 soon!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: