Lambda sensor

Started by Anonymous, December 8, 2010, 17:15

Anonymous

My engine management light has been on for quite a while now and is drinking the fuel.
After reading the fault code it says it is Bank 1 Sensor 2,
After ringing toyota to find out the part number he didnt know which one this was, whether it was in the manifold or exhaust :s
They quoted me £193.36 for the one in the exhaust and £176.11 for one in the manifold  s:o :o s:o  

Does anybody know where about this sensor is on the car?
And where i can buy one cheaper?

Would appreciate any help  s:) :) s:)  

Thanks

Fatbloater

Theres a few threads on this recently starting :

l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31848&view=unread#unread l
MR2 \'Red\' Edition - \'54 Reg.  Mods : Clarion FZ709E Single Din Stereo, Pre-cats Removed

"WAX On - WAX Off"

Fatbloater

Heres the location of the sensor :

[Mod]The Club does not allow the posting of such copyright images. Bank 1 sensor 2 is under the rear bumper after the Cat.[/Mod]
MR2 \'Red\' Edition - \'54 Reg.  Mods : Clarion FZ709E Single Din Stereo, Pre-cats Removed

"WAX On - WAX Off"

m312

w www.sparkplugs.co.uk w  

Great price, basically OEM, straight swap and next day delivery  s:) :) s:)

aaronjb

Quote from: "SarahMR2"My engine management light has been on for quite a while now and is drinking the fuel.
After reading the fault code it says it is Bank 1 Sensor 2,

B1S2 isn't involved in fuelling, so don't expect the fuel economy to change as a result of changing that sensor.. sounds like you might need to look at other areas, too.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dipper84

Can anyone recommend a website for O2 sensors? Is  m http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk m  any good? Has anyone had success / failure with NKG or Denso sensors?

Im a but frustrated again after recently buying a 'non returnable' sensor only to find it is still throwing a P0135 code. Since fitting its also thrown a P0420 but hasnt shown it since resetting the ECU...

Dont you just love these sensors......NOT!
Chris >>>>>

ChrisGB

Sparkplugs uk gave next day delivery on the Denso sensors. Price and service wise, I don't know anyone better.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

dipper84

Ah good stuff, Today I hope to switch the sensors around to see if it is the sensor which is faulty rather than the harness? just trying to go through a process of elimination as Bank 1 always seems to go while the others are less frequent.

If it prooves the sensor is a duff then I shall get one from that site straight away....
Chris >>>>>

deadmau5

I've had P0141 (Bank 1 Sensor 2) twice and never had P0135.

dipper84

Tidy, Ive just changed the sensor over and had a P0155 suggesting the sensor is duff..... Time to get a new Denso one  s:o :o s:o )
Chris >>>>>

dipper84

Just fitted a Denso DOX-0204 to the car.... lets hope it works as the previous 'new' one which didnt work was a Denso (but it had the longer cable)
Chris >>>>>

dipper84

Put in the new Denso sensor yesterday lunch time and it has once again given me an error code P0155? Why is this? I am getting so annoyed and frustrated with this situation. This is the sencond brand new sensor the car doesnt like....
Has anyone had this probelm and know of overcoming it?
Chris >>>>>

dipper84

Yet another update...

Ive swapped the sensors around in the car and the new sensor (which gave P0135) works fine on the cat. Now put the cat sensor on the manifold and got a P0135. I believe the wiring loom is functioning as when I swapped both manifold sensors around the error codes swapped... Something is not right and I just cannot find out why!?

Time for a new car me thinks.......
Chris >>>>>

Anonymous

is it possible that the post cat and pre cat sensors are different in more ways than just a longer wire. if the new sensor with the short wire worked fine in the manifold best leave it alone. maybe more than one sensor was on it way out. either way you cant change car because you will never find something that will give the same smile factor.

richard

uktotty

PO155 bank 2 sensor 1

I had both codes and replaced both sensors, problem solved

dipper84

Quote from: "uktotty"PO155 bank 2 sensor 1

I had both codes and replaced both sensors, problem solved

If it was that easy in my case I wouldnt have this problem..... I have done this and it just isnt working.

I hate to admit it but I am viewing an Elise this weekend. It has the updated Toyota engine in it so Im hoping it will not have the issues my engine has.
Chris >>>>>

Tags: