Pics of my good stuff....

Started by Anonymous, March 30, 2004, 20:40

Anonymous

Long time coming but here are some pics of the mods i have done.
Don't know if anyone remembers but i was gonna have my wheels chromed but this was gonna be so much grief to keep clean...i didn't bother. So i had the stock rims stripped and refinished in sparkle silver....then lovingly wrapped in toyo proxies.
If i'm honest about it i think it is starting to look pretty cool. Did have lots of help from Slacey so was bound to look ace.
Make up your own mind.
[list=]

[/list]

markiii

crikey paul, you must lose small animals down that exhaust   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I'm assuming that you sprayed the intakes? as tehy look stiock apart from teh colour?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

nice job. like the caliper paint.
cant wait to see it in the flesh.  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

For the vents i masked em up good and sprayed them with £2.99 Chrome paint from halfords. And the paint i used one the calipers i had made and is toyota lagoon blue....cool or what!

Anonymous

when you getting it lowered?????

markiii

whenever I can fit him I suppose  :-) :-) :-)

that must have been some serious masking job on those vents Paul.

Nice Job.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

What paint is that on your calipers? Ive been looking for a decent blue one but they are all nasty - first one ive seen that actually looks good!

Anonymous

All looks superb to me.  Nice idea having metallic paint on the calipers, really looks good!

Anonymous

I used the paint code that was posted when the GB was done on the 03 vents. Lagoon Blue is 8M6, most decent paint shops should be able to make you up some. Got Quarter of a litre for £8 or £9. Also had the choice of tin or aerosol(err). I firstly bought spray can but realised be a pain in arse to do calipers with this i used it to paint nappy on the back. Slacey says alot of places will make up paint if you have a sample, they scan the colour or something.

Cheers Mark, that sounded like an offer.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

So is it standard paint of heat resistant stuff?

Slacey

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"So is it standard paint of heat resistant stuff?
All the stuff he had made up was heat resistant... the nappy looks really good sprayed blue, you haven't put a pic of that up Paul!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

All your mods are very well done. Love the calipers and new wheel colour  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

nice coley like it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Very nice.

Love the wheels  s:D :D s:D

MRMike

Nicely done I have to say!  

The wheels lok great..you mentioned you didnt choose Chrome because of the extra hassle..what was that xtra hassle?  

Oh and furthermore have you got any pics in the day?

Cheers,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Will sort some day time pics now light evenings.

If i had the wheels polished no-one was prepared to offer a treatment to keep them looking good. I thought i could get them laquered once polished but advice was they would look dull. I could have just left them bare metal but would have needed to clean and wipe them over with WD40 or similar after every journey. Chome was another option but i was told it would make the wheel heavy, not to mention bl**dy expensive.

Thanks everyone for their feedback.
Coley (happy boy)  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

It looks rubbish. Did you paint those callipers blindfold? And what's with all this chrome paint? Terrible. The Barry Boys would be proud!

You know I'm only joking mate, it looks great and I'm really impressed with how the car is coming on. Keep it up!  s:D :D s:D

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Coley"Will sort some day time pics now light evenings.

If i had the wheels polished no-one was prepared to offer a treatment to keep them looking good. I thought i could get them laquered once polished but advice was they would look dull. I could have just left them bare metal but would have needed to clean and wipe them over with WD40 or similar after every journey.
Coley (happy boy)  s:) :) s:)
That's exactly what has put me off the polished route even though they would look good. Cannot be bothered with the maintenance. Where did you get your wheels done  s:?: :?: s:?:

Slacey

Where do you reckon Heath? KN in Telford of course!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Slacey"Where do you reckon Heath? KN in Telford of course!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
I have been recommending them to loads of people as they look to do a great job at a fantastic price  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: