Rear reflectors--how about lights?

Started by Anonymous, April 17, 2004, 20:02

Anonymous

Our HGV's use outline marker lights for wide loads and I've often thought that there could be another use for them due to the shape and size, then it hit me!  

Each lamp is under a tenner, if anyone is interested I've got parts details.

You'll have to excuse the poor focus (it looked fine without my glasses  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

Just needs a bulb and wire

Anonymous

When i first saw the reflectors in there i thought they were lights. Nice idea!

Slacey

That is cool  s8) 8) s8)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

SteveJ

It's questionable from a legal point of view - I would suggest checking the rules and regs regarding rear lights before you find a Mr Plod in a bad mood one evening  s:( :( s:(  (One example of problems with rear lighting is if you fit a wing with a brake light in it, you MUST disable the existing one. Im sure there are similar rules governing tail lights)

Anonymous

Rubbolite do a more slimline version of the rear marker lamp - not quite as bulbous - if I remember correctly it is the model 101.

Appologies for sounding like some kind of freak but I used to work as a design engineer at a trailer company.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

I would argue that Mr Plod should nick all those rice boyz that have blue L.E.D's in their washer holes.

These red rears look good IMO

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"It's questionable from a legal point of view - I would suggest checking the rules and regs regarding rear lights before you find a Mr Plod in a bad mood one evening  s:( :( s:(  (One example of problems with rear lighting is if you fit a wing with a brake light in it, you MUST disable the existing one. Im sure there are similar rules governing tail lights)

Thanks for the input Steve, I will check with V.O.S.A. next time I take a vehicle for test and find out what the legalities are, I'm sure the S.V.A. testers will put me on the right track.

Anonymous

Quote from: cstevensI would argue that Mr Plod should nick all those rice boyz that have blue L.E.D's in their washer holes.

Seconded  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "RUSTY"Rubbolite do a more slimline version of the rear marker lamp - not quite as bulbous - if I remember correctly it is the model 101.

Appologies for sounding like some kind of freak but I used to work as a design engineer at a trailer company.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Noted and on order!

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"It's questionable from a legal point of view - I would suggest checking the rules and regs regarding rear lights before you find a Mr Plod in a bad mood one evening  s:( :( s:(  (One example of problems with rear lighting is if you fit a wing with a brake light in it, you MUST disable the existing one. Im sure there are similar rules governing tail lights)

Had it checked out today Steve. (SVA tester, Beverley)
As long as the lights are not wired into fogs or brakes and as long as they are no more than 5 watts, there is no problem whatsoever.

Rusty.
Unfortunately the slimline version has a larger body and if the lens would fit the type 50, it would be resting on the bulb.

Les

Anonymous

Quote from: "Les"Had it checked out today Steve. (SVA tester, Beverley)
As long as the lights are not wired into fogs or brakes and as long as they are no more than 5 watts, there is no problem whatsoever.

So just out of interest, what have you wired them into?

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"
Quote from: "Les"Had it checked out today Steve. (SVA tester, Beverley)

So just out of interest, what have you wired them into?

Plumbed them into the side lights Phil.

Anonymous

Ahhh... cool, they look very good!

Tags: