Meguiars

Started by Anonymous, April 25, 2004, 22:20

Anonymous

I've just treated our 2 to a Meguiars quik Clay treatement and Gold class wax. All I can say is that I'm well impressed by the results. Even after a good wash the clay bar and quik detailing spray managed remove a suprisng amount of dirt / contaminants from the paint. After this process the paint was a smooth as glass - as promised on the package. After applying the wax, the finish is a brilliant wet-look gloss. The paint just looks so deep and black (the best colour of course). Anyone who is using any other treatments, you've just gotta try this, the results are nothing short of awesome.

I would say that the clay bar stage probably has the biggest effect since you really do notice the difference after removing all of the surface contaminants. I fyou think your car looks clean after normal washing then it looks ultra clean after the Quik Clay.

Some pictures are on the way

Slacey

I use exclusively Autoglym products, but after reading the Meguirs brochure and website I think I might be making a change.....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I just used the Meguiars deep crystal 3 step stuff for the first time and I have got to say it really does the business.

Anonymous

Meggy's is product of choice for celica-club members. The 3-stage system is awesome. A lot of effort, but well worth it.

Hope4Sun

A friend uses Meguirs on his classic bug, but was very impressed with some of the Zymol products i let him try out, also Swissol is worth a look in  s:) :) s:) . I do have to say though for Meguirs is very good value for money and there clay bar is worth a go  s8) 8) s8)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

Haven't got time to check out the websites and so on, so can someone give me a quick idea of WHERE to get this stuff and how much it costs? I was STUNNED at the prices of the Zymol stuff!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Darth Paul

Quote from: "John Woodward"Haven't got time to check out the websites and so on, so can someone give me a quick idea of WHERE to get this stuff and how much it costs? I was STUNNED at the prices of the Zymol stuff!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

MEGUIARS –

w www.speeding.co.uk w

Great site with loads on offer (if you avoid the Max Power stuff  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ) Good prices, no p+p to pay, and a fast, responsive service. I've used 'em loads of times.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

DP

Hope4Sun

Yeah Zymol is quite expensive  s:( :( s:( , but for a basic kit that will last a few years, weighed against what i spent on building up my old Autoglym stuff in the past, it works out about the same in the long run (though i've ended up buying most of the Zymol range   s:? :? s:?  ). The finish with that stuff, used properly is simply stunning though   s8) 8) s8)  

Halfords have some main stream Zymol products and i've seen Meguirs products in there too, the main places i use are there online shops, pretty much to your door in a couple of days.

Andy

Anonymous

Cheers Darth, had a look at that site and I have to say, it looks like I might have to try some of their stuff out. Nice and cheap and they also have a "swirl" remover, which is EXACTLY what I need cos I think the previous owner had one of those stupid rotary motor polishers and it has swirl marks all over it. Can't see them when in normal light, but it has been parked in sunshine the last few days and it don't half show them up!!!

As for Zymol, I know what you mean about the cost, but I don't fancy forking the money out straight away for the stuff (regardless of how good it is, which I know it IS!). Bit by bit is a little more manageable for me at the moment. Maybe when I am a bit more flush.......

Cheers guys!

Anonymous

Although I've not used Zymol myself, I know some guys who've used it and have also used Meguiars. They rated Meguiars as highly but much better value because it's cheaper. I bought my Meguairs from Deemon Tweeks in Wrexham - they also do mail order so check out their web site.

Anonymous

I believe that GB Driver also sell it mail order....    w www.gbdriver.co.uk w

Anonymous

So exactly what meguairs stuff should i buy to make the car car clean and very shiny?

Anonymous

I was going to ask the exact same thing (except I knwo I am going to buy the swirl remover. Have to). But what esle?

Anonymous

I have got the 3 stage stuff and although I have only used it once so far, I found it removed 90% of the swirls I had without needing the ScratchX stuff.
It takes a while to do as it requires 3 coats (a paint cleaner, the polish and then a wax), but the finish I got was more than worth it.

I think it works out at about £8 per bottle, although I also found it was worth buying a couple of the Meguiars terry towels to polish with. They seemed to give a much better result than the cloths I had bought from Halfords in the past. (£4 I think?)

IanW

Anonymous

Cheers Blanco. Will look into that. Nice one!

Hope4Sun

If its the first time you going to give the car a real good clean and you had it a while, clay bar is worth buying and applying before any other products go on. Removes all those little marks, sap, fly's etc that just don't want to seem to budge. Just my 2p's worth tho  s:) :) s:)

Andy

MRMike

Is this Clay bar like a bar of soap??
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Right oh Andy. I think I am going to be spending some cash here!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

All go advice though. So far, clay bar, swirl remover and three stage cleaner seems to be the stuff. Do they do a polish or wax or something like that, or is that part of the three stage pack?

I think I am going to enjoy this!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

QuoteRUSTY Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Meguiars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just treated our 2 to a Meguiars quik Clay treatement and Gold class wax. All I can say is that I'm well impressed by the results. Even after a good wash the clay bar and quik detailing spray managed remove a suprisng amount of dirt / contaminants from the paint. After this process the paint was a smooth as glass - as promised on the package. After applying the wax, the finish is a brilliant wet-look gloss. The paint just looks so deep and black (the best colour of course). Anyone who is using any other treatments, you've just gotta try this, the results are nothing short of awesome.

I would say that the clay bar stage probably has the biggest effect since you really do notice the difference after removing all of the surface contaminants. I fyou think your car looks clean after normal washing then it looks ultra clean after the Quik Clay.

RUSTY, What was the gold class wax like to put on and take off? I have waxed cars in the past with very poor results, probably due to my technique. Was it easy?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Since the paint on our car is in good nick - only 1 year old, I didn't see the need for any paint treatment (polish). The paint was also treated with Supaguard when we first got the 2. Now I don't know if the clay bar will have had any detrimental effect on the Supaguard treatment but at the end of the day I could see contaminants like bug splats and small particles that were adhered to the paint. My philosophy is that there's no point in having to put up with a less than perfect finish because you are worried about the supaguard.

In any case, on the box of the Quikclay detailer (clay bar + detailing spray) it says that the clay bar is non abrasive. For those of you who've not seen one, the best way of describing it is that it looks like a block of white Blu-Tak.

In theory the Gold class wax paste shouldn't be abrasive although it does mention it contains some polishes so it may be slightly abrasive.

To sum up - I would use the Quik Clay detailer package to thoroughly clean the paint and then the Gold class wax paste. The detailer spray is really effective - when you use it you will realise that it's a quality product.

Before using the Clay bar I've heard of some guys cutting it up into smaller pieces so that when a peice gets really dirty and full of particles / debris it can be discarded. Otherwise you will end up with a big piece that you may not have got the max use out of before you have to bin it.

The Gold class wax paste is a really good product - goes on really easy and a little goes along way. It's also dead easy to remove. I think that the pot that I've got will last for years so good value.

Bit of a lengthy post but I hope that helps out.  s:) :) s:)

LeeUK

I use the Zymol wash and then finish it off with the zymol wax.  It is so easy to apply and remove that it takes no time at all and gives you a great showroom finish!   s:D :D s:D  

My mate has trialed every know cleaning product and recons that Zymol is far better that meguiars.  He's a big bloke and i ain't gonna argue with him!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Tags: