Unichip installer

Started by Anonymous, April 27, 2004, 12:18

Anonymous

Does anyone know of a good garage that can install and set up a unichip in the manchester area?

Slacey

I can't help with the installer, but I can advise that if you haven't already bought it, it may be worth holding off for a while - Dastek are working on a plug and play connector so you don't have to splice the loom and customer specified pre-programmed maps (you specify stock, exhaust, intake, octane etc.)  s:D :D s:D  

Should be available in around 1 -2 months.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

DAZ400

Again if you have not bought it have a look at the Greddy Emanage and Profec e01 they are an excellent choice and a few of us using them very succesfully.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

thanks

I havn't bought anything yet, I heard unichip where good?I Wanted to find a good garage that was used to doing this kind of stuff first. It seems to me that unless it is set up properly it is a waste of time and could create problems.

Slacey

Martin (mph) is the one to talk to regards the Unichip, but as I said before, if you wait for the plug and play version and have them create a custom map, you can install it yourself quite easily, you will only need to get it retuned if you alter the mods in any way.

Jap GT300

Doh...  I've just re-ordered one to go with the 2ZZ, it will be here by the weekend.  I guess I will be needing additional tuning anyway   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "DAZ400"have a look at the Greddy Emanage and Profec e01 they are an excellent choice and a few of us using them very succesfully.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Do you know the web site addresses so I can get some more info?

Anonymous

Anonymous

Oh yeh  m http://www.hypersr.com/index2.html m  do the tuning and install(if needed). I think they're near you.

Anonymous

Cheers

Hyper sports are not far at all from me so I think I will pay a visit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey", if you wait for the plug and play version and have them create a custom map, you can install it yourself quite easily

keep me posted on that one slacey - im very interested. but do you think a plug and play chip will give as good results as one that is set up on a rolling road?

any ideas on pricing yet aswell?

there's yet another mod to add to my ever growing list   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   ...

Slacey

Quote from: "Tomr2"but do you think a plug and play chip will give as good results as one that is set up on a rolling road?

any ideas on pricing yet aswell?

there's yet another mod to add to my ever growing list   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   ...
The whole idea is that you specify all the mods you have, and they will map accordingly so it should be as close as dmanit to how it would have ended up on a rolling road. Hopefully.

No idea on price yet, but as soon as someone gives one I'll post it here. I do know that once it is available there will be a US based GB....

Anonymous

Quote from: "DAZ400"Again if you have not bought it have a look at the Greddy Emanage and Profec e01 they are an excellent choice and a few of us using them very succesfully.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

The Unichip seems quite a bit cheaper than the GReddy ones. Is there any particluar advantages with the GReddy chips?

LeeUK

I believe GReddy is more useful if you go on to turbo your car.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

Both management systems are basically doing the same, altering an air/fuel map and a ingnition map. The e-manage has a 16x16 map, i don't know what the unichip has. The e-manage also can connect directly to the injectors and add duty directly to them which has more benefits than trying to add fuel by the A/F map. If larger injectors are needed the e-manage has a correctoin factor so the engine can cope with these.

As Lee says if you are intending to go turbo then i would suggest the e-manage. If your staying NA then take a pick of which you want and get it, they'll do the same in the end.

Tags: