Bad Vibrations coming from rear of MR only on accelation

Started by Anonymous, August 27, 2004, 22:59

Anonymous

Hi wonder if anyone has had, or is having similar problems.

Having only got the roadster last Sat from a main dealer. With 2 brand new tyres (firestone 205/50s)x2?? on the rear.

I am getting some vibrations only when I/we accelerate from a medium speed to a higher speed.
My partner who has driven the car more than me, really notices this vibration quite alot in her lower back and finds it quite nauseous   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  .

SteveJ

Where are you in the country - maybe you can meet up with one of the other members and compare notes.

PS. Can you put your general location in your profile - it makes it easier for people to offer help.

Anonymous

Possibly the wheels have been incorrectly balanced since they fitted the new tyres. Also, check the directionality to make sure they've put them on the right way!

I'd take it back to the dealer and take them out in it and get them to sort it out.

Slacey

I see you've added your location - one of our technical wizards is just down the road from you in Welwyn - Markiii - send him a PM for advice.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Yes thanks for the hints / tips will go and check them out when she gets home with the MR..
I got the car as an approved toyota 1 year warranty etc so its goto go in for its 600 mile service/ 1 month check so I'll be letting them know of the problems, could you recomend any other things that i have probally over seen when buying the car that i could get done under the warranty.
I also know that theres a very slight knocking noise coming from the front ent only when the cars sterring is  on FULL Lock.

Anonymous

ah the knocking, - i'm currently having my front mount replaced due to the "full lock knock".

Also the discs, if they're rusted.

And any bubbling on the alloys,

Anonymous

The discs seem to be quite fine no rusting or raised edges.

And yes the alloys are bubbling ? Whats that all about, are they alloy or are they just painted with an alloy paint???
Does Toyota cover the wheels in the warranty?
And will they change / or rather sort out the knocking noise under warranty?
Sorry I'm new to all of this warranty stuff?

Anonymous

Yes the bubbling things a common affair.  if they're anything like my lot, they'll simply get a new set of wheels for you.

And the knocking thing; they should also try replacing the mounts

Anonymous

Quote from: "danny"The discs seem to be quite fine no rusting or raised edges.

And yes the alloys are bubbling ? Whats that all about, are they alloy or are they just painted with an alloy paint???
Does Toyota cover the wheels in the warranty?
And will they change / or rather sort out the knocking noise under warranty?
Sorry I'm new to all of this warranty stuff?

Hi Danny,

Everyone on here is more than willing enough and friendly enough to answer ANY of your questions, so keep them coming. But for the things you have asked about, they are common problems on the Roadster and if I were you, I would do a search using the "Search" option on all of this as you will probably find that what you are asking about has been covered a million times cos we have all experienced these things   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   So have a look and you will be suprised you are not the only one in the same boat.............  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Good luck!

Tags: