Engine Lid Fan

Started by Jap GT300, October 14, 2004, 10:10

Jap GT300

Well it has arrived from Speed Source.  As usual the quality of this is outstanding.  Absolutly everything is included for the install.

A full set of comprehensive instructions are included.  It also comes with an on/off switch, however I'm going to wire it to the main fans so that it comes on by itself.

I'll have some installed pictures later today.

SteveJ

Quote from: "Jap GT300"A full set of comprehensive instructions are included.  It also comes with an on/off switch, however I'm going to wire it to the main fans so that it comes on by itself.

I'll have some installed pictures later today.

There is very little point in wiring it to the main fan as that only comes on when the water gets bl**dy hot so won't be of any great benefit

Just my 2c worth.

Jap GT300

Very True, I think I might just do it to the ignition so that it is on all the time, but have an overide "off" switch just in case.

Anonymous

Please excuss my ignorance but whats the additional fan for?  s:? :? s:?

Slacey

Quote from: "AndyR"Please excuss my ignorance but whats the additional fan for?  s:? :? s:?
To provide extra cooling in the engine bay - it will suck air out of the bay through the slits in the decklid.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Jap GT300

Here it is mounted and only a 15minute job.  It does look good through the rear grills.

Tags: