First Performance Mods

Started by Anonymous, December 9, 2004, 08:02

Anonymous

Hi Gang,
          Recently Brought a 52 Roadster and know didly squot about Modifications on my little baby!!
 looking for sound advice, Guidance on the above ie air-filtration, exhaust,wheels other simple effective things
Kind Regards
          Dominator

kanujunkie

modifying? aw no, don't do that round here.

much!

i take it by the sounds of your Q that you want to go down the performance road, so why not start off with an Apexi intake followed by a nice twin output exhaust,  a lot of people on here have the TTE twin or hayward and scotts system.

http://www.takakaira.co.jp/
http://www.haywardandscott.co.uk/
http://www.tte.de
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Although the performance gained is debatable for both items. They do look and/or sound a lot better though.

roger

My suggestion is go for the basics:

Anti-flex breast plate, strut bars, decent tyres (if you need them).

Get the car working / handling nicely before you add the sight/sound accessories and the performance jobbies.

roger
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Slacey

Or go the whole hog...  w www.hassautoworks.com/mr2.htm w    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Slacey"Or go the whole hog...  w www.hassautoworks.com/mr2.htm w    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Show off!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Thinks, "lucky bugger..."

juansolo

Performance mods in order:

1/ Driver training
2/ Tyres

If you want to make it look/sound fast, stick a filter and zorst on it.  If you want to make it go faster, strap a turbo on it.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Best performance per pound mod is Corky's breast plate at about £70 - will make a big difference to how the chassis feels.

I've got the H&S twin exhaust - better sound but on its own, not a major performance increase.

TRD front strut brace - about £175 from a recent group buy - sharpens up the the front end noticably.

Inlet pipe - replaces the curved air pipe behind the left rear light - gives a bit more power at high revs - speak to markiii.

Dastek unichip for about £500 including mapping gives about 20bhp if coupled with suitable exhaust etc. When you think about what you may spend on other stuff - £500 for the unichip is the cheapest way to get more power unless you want to go for NOS, which could be more risky.

Anonymous

Thanks Guys'
                Now were can I buy this stuff from !!!
Regards Dominator

Anonymous

Use "search"

Anonymous

QuoteNow were can I buy this stuff from !!!
That's a valid question. Looking back over my own modding, some things can bought through MrT, if you have a TRD supplier. Some stuff you have to spot on e-bay. Some things you'll nab through private sales here and on SC. Many of the small shops and custom suppliers go in-and-out of business. Some have to be begged and pleaded with for "one more order!"

I've bought items from France, Germany, England, Japan, Greece, and the U.S. In some cases, when I've seen something in a photo that I like I've e-mailed the owner and inquired about the source. There's no easy way to find parts, and you'll prolly spend a lot longer waiting and searching than you expect. Might take you a year or more to nail down a particularly rare item.

Tags: