Heated seat switch location?

Started by tricky1138, November 9, 2016, 15:45

tricky1138

Just picked up some heated seats but not liking the factory switch location.

Where else have people put the switches?
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

SteveMK3

I moved mine to the dash (bank of 2) to the left of the steering column. It's so much better, no more turning them on by accident with your arm! It just involved extending the wires then swapping some of the other switches around. From memory I ditched the coin holder and moved whatever the other switch was to the right hand side (bank of 4) where there was a spare space with a blank in it. Looks much neater too IMHO   s:) :) s:)

mikek

I put round ones in the well under the handbrake in kates car. Easy to get to and they look good and no chance of knocking them.
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

shnazzle

Quote from: "mikek"I put round ones in the well under the handbrake in kates car. Easy to get to and they look good and no chance of knocking them.
I think is the only option left for you Tricky as you don't want them next to the steering column.
Only problem is that I don't think there's a surface big enough there for the big seat heating buttons. Unless you eBay some small round 3-position switches
...neutiquam erro.

tricky1138

Quote from: "shnazzle"
Quote from: "mikek"I put round ones in the well under the handbrake in kates car. Easy to get to and they look good and no chance of knocking them.
I think is the only option left for you Tricky as you don't want them next to the steering column.
Only problem is that I don't think there's a surface big enough there for the big seat heating buttons. Unless you eBay some small round 3-position switches

I looked at the ebay round switches and most probably will go down that route. I'm going to try to make the oem buttons fit there first on the spare console i have before butchering my own!    s:) :) s:)
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Tags: