Turbo for $950? Yanking my crank?

Started by Anonymous, May 19, 2005, 13:19

Anonymous

I'd like to drop this into the font of all knowledge. Is it bollocks? I know nothing bout turbos really so can't tell, but judging by what people here seem to pay for an aftermarket conversion I'm going to assume there's a catch!!

m http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33742 m

markiii

no engine managemetn at all, no bigger injectors, no air intake kit, no exhaust.

And what is provided probably costs more than $900 so sounds like a con to me.

even if it's teh real deal, it woudl eb an easy way to grenade your engine.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

He he - not on my to do list!!

Thanks Mark.

Slacey

The international shipping rate of $90 is also a dead giveaway - ask Mark or myself how much it costs to ship a turbo kit!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

ROFL not spotted that

try a multiple of 5
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

That would be more like it!! Anyway, I don't need one as i had my spoiler fitted today and she already looks so much faster!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Markyboy"That would be more like it!! Anyway, I don't need one as i had my spoiler fitted today and she already looks so much faster!
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  the start of things to come; and loads of money matey  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

roger

Notice the blurb on the post - VEHICAL is mentioned a few times.

Obviously a "good 'ol boy" from the South   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Yes, the plan was to get an MR2 and be blissfully happy with it forever. I am exceedingly happy, but want MORE. More power, more sound, more in the looks deparment (both car and face).

Is this a common thing? Or is it a disease I have caught since visiting this club!! ROCitis or something....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Markyboy"Is this a common thing? Or is it a disease I have caught since visiting this club!! ROCitis or something....
I didn't realize it until you pointed it out, but I was also very happy with my stock spyder prior to finding this site (and Spyderchat).
Like you, I'm still happy but want more - it must be a ROCitis.

EDIT:
Speaking of more power, Check this out

Anonymous

When the car you have can offer so much more, it's no suprise you want it, when you realise it is available. Welcome to the infection   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

This turbo kit would shock me if anyone bought it thinking it would fit straight on, when they even state it's for so many different models that have so many differences, it's scary.

All the hardware needed is such a loose term.A length of pipe, any turbo and a oil line is technically all the hardware you need to gain them ponies, but the chance of getting them to all fit together will never happen.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Nobody ever consider this please, even us friendly peeps here would have a hard time helping such a muppet.

roger

Not into Turbo's, yet   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  But that Monkey-Wrench car looks the business.

Yes, there is definitely a disease called ROCitis.

My wife rues the day I came across this site. The really nice thing about the '2 is the way its all nuts and bolts. No rivets or welds to make you think twice about modding.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

The 'so called' kit looks like it only contains a turbo, gasket and a hose. You're getting ripped off if you buy this and think it will make your car faster.

I think they try to confuse people with the word "kit", because the 3SGTE Celica and MR2 has a turbo already that can be replaced with this one(I think they claim that).

So, no... it looks like this is definatly not a turbo kit for your 1ZZFE MR2.

Anonymous

Quote from: "c2bing"The 'so called' kit looks like it only contains a turbo, gasket and a hose. You're getting ripped off if you buy this and think it will make your car faster.

I think they try to confuse people with the word "kit", because the 3SGTE Celica and MR2 has a turbo already that can be replaced with this one(I think they claim that).

So, no... it looks like this is definatly not a turbo kit for your 1ZZFE MR2.

Soooooooo how is your kit coming along? Welcome over here where you have more potential customers.  s:D :D s:D

Tags: