P.E Turbo question?

Started by dimwit, December 3, 2005, 15:02

dimwit

Would anybody know if the p.e turbo kits has the 'T3 flange' welded onto the manifold  s:?: :?: s:?:  I think it does, but would like to no for sure..

Thanks..

dimwit

Sorted now...

If anybody is interested the P.E turbo is a IHI..And flanges are not similar to the T3..

Slacey

Why were you asking Graham? Still having problems with the original manifold?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

dimwit

Quote from: "Slacey"Why were you asking Graham? Still having problems with the original manifold?

The manifold is still holding out, just dont know long for though   s:( :( s:(   Saw a good manifold on SC for sale, but has got the T3 flange fitted..Might even do a custom jobbie...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

aaronjb

Bear in mind that (in my experience on a few other cars, at least) any tubular stainless manifold will eventually crack - it's not an if, it's a when.

The only way around that is to go for an exotic material like Iconel (which is expensive, to say the least) - but far, far more resistant to cracking (assuming you can find someone who can weld it properly - I seem to recall someone telling me that the thing you're welding should be sealed up and filled with the same gas you're using around the electrode, for a start).
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dimwit

Yes, there are a few P.E turbo manifolds giving up the ghost now, but looking at the Haas and C2 manifolds are of a more 'beefier' design..

aaronjb

Quote from: "dimwit"Yes, there are a few P.E turbo manifolds giving up the ghost now, but looking at the Haas and C2 manifolds are of a more 'beefier' design..

Well they're log manifolds (though the C2 is a kind of hybrid, but more of a log than anything else really) - but AFAIK they're also not stainless - though I stand to be corrected on that one.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: