My latest addition - Silver Bulbs

Started by Anonymous, August 2, 2003, 14:06

Anonymous

Here is my latest addition to my '2 - Silver Repeater Bulbs. I know a few have already got these but thought i would post pics for anyone that has not seen them.... sorry for the state of my car, this was 'pre-cleaning'!!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

The Bulbs:

Before... orange bulb visable:

Popped out using fingers and a bit of effort:

Orange.... *shudder* (oi, clean that car!)

New silver bulb... YUM YUM! (I SAID CLEAN IT!)

All done, not a hint of orange in sight!:

These flash orange as normal and are road legal... Available direct from  w www.silverfusion.co.uk w  (mine arrived the next day!)

Anonymous

copy cat LOL    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
they look well smart on the car tho dont thay smarten the flashers up  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Yeah, copycat!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
I thought you didn't look happy after seeing the ones Buster supplied me with at JAE!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Had them on my last car but never got round to doing it on the '2.... seeing you and buster with them jogged my memory so i got some!   s:D :D s:D

Comer

Nice one Kris are you doing the rears too?

Note to the MR2-ROC Committee from (the Silver Fusion website).

Q: I'm a member of an owners club that isn't listed above, how can I get a discount?
A: Simply ask your Owners Club to contact the silverFUSION Sales team or pass their contact details onto the silverFUSION Sales team who will help setup the discount scheme!
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

No not doing the rears - i was going to but when i looked at my rear lights i couldnt see the orange bulbs anyway - dont know if its different on the pre 03's, but my rears are clear looking... and I think they have funny bulbs - like the side repeaters but 21W or something like that... strange!

Good call on the "how does my club get a discount" thing - was going to mention this....

Liz

re the discount...

I shall contact them and get it sorted out!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Well I am working on getting the front indicator bulbs done in Silver by a major manufacturer. If successful I will post details on here.    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Well I am working on getting the front indicator bulbs done in Silver by a major manufacturer. If successful I will post details on here.    s:D :D s:D

But that wont make any difference as the orange bit on the front light is orange, not the bulb (please correct me if im wrong). I wanted to get rid of the orange plastic and replace it with something clear and use a silver bulb... is this what you have planned?

Tem

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"But that wont make any difference as the orange bit on the front light is orange, not the bulb (please correct me if im wrong). I wanted to get rid of the orange plastic and replace it with something clear and use a silver bulb... is this what you have planned?

That's true for the pre-facelift lights. There's just a clear bulb with a plastic orange lens. You can just take the orange plastic out, like many on Spyderchat haved already done, there's no need to put anything to replace it.

And you need to change the bulb as well, unless you want it to flash clear. I'm not sure if you can get those bulbs as silver that flash orange. But you can just buy an orange bulb and dip it in a can of silver paint. Looks silver, but flashes orange. (and costs a lot less than the ones you can buy)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

You are both correct.

My 02 model had clear front bulbs with an orange cap in the light.

However I have removed this orange cap & now have clear flashing front indicators    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:     (I do not indicate near Policemen  s:!: :!: s:!:  )

The plan now is to sort the bulbs out ASAP so they look silver & flash orange.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"re the discount...

I shall contact them and get it sorted out!

Goodie as I need to get my sides sorted out as well. Hurry along now    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"However I have removed this orange cap & now have clear flashing front indicators    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:     (I do not indicate near Policemen  s:!: :!: s:!:  )

Was this easy to do? When i looked at a spare light cluster that Adam had it looked pretty well built in?

Anonymous

Remove light from 2

Remove bulbs & all screws / nuts

Place light in oven for 10 mins as per Spyder chat instruction

Prize off clear cover (tricky part)

Remove single screw & orange cover comes off (very easy)

Reverse the process to rebuild

Anonymous

So you dont actually replace the orange plastic with a clear version then? (that is what i would want to do)

Anonymous

how sucesfull is it heating it up??

sounds like it all could go the way of the pear   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"[
Goodie as I need to get my sides sorted out as well. Hurry along now    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Yes I will, I have only just recovered from this weekend! I was up for 22hours with going to Robbie Williams and taking 4 sodding hours getting out of the car park and I was working last night at Southend on the cruisers, saw a Mk2 Tubby with green lights underneath it and lots of WRX's with blue lights underneath flashing in time to their music, classy!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Will let you know when I have contacted the company about the bulbs

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"So you dont actually replace the orange plastic with a clear version then? (that is what i would want to do)

Why  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Your headlight has a pattern over the indicator lense anyway & the outer plastic cover of the headlight protects it. Why would you need a clear cover  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"how sucesfull is it heating it up??

sounds like it all could go the way of the pear   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

You do have to be very careful & not;

A) heat too high
B) heat for too long
C) let your lights touch the side of the oven
D) let the clear casing touch anything
E) cook your tea at the same time  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Why  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Your headlight has a pattern over the indicator lense anyway & the outer plastic cover of the headlight protects it. Why would you need a clear cover  s:?: :?: s:?:

I just like to keep things complete and as near standard as i can, but fitting my little additions along the way.   s:D :D s:D

Tem

Heh, if you really want to add a piece of clear plastic where no one can see it, I'm sure you can buy a small piece of it and just cut it so that it fits in there  s:) :) s:)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Liz

I have tried to call Silver Fusion today - but due to the nice weather they all appear to have been out, going to resort to the old fashioned method of communication and write to them on some headed paper to make it all offical. So we haven't forgotten about contacting them.

Anonymous

We never doubted you for a second.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Oh & watched the Robbie Williams concert on TV & it only took 15 seconds to get out of my livingroom & up to bed  s:!: :!: s:!:  

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Well I am working on getting the front indicator bulbs done in Silver by a major manufacturer. If successful I will post details on here.    s:D :D s:D

Not good news I'm afraid. Can only get the fronts in orange so it looks like a tin of heat proof silver spray paint & some light sanding paper.

Anonymous

Right folks....a bit of good info for you here.

I bought Silver brake caliper spray paint & sprayed my newly aquired orange front bulbs. They flashed orange & didn't need sanding.

Spray lightly from about 8" away until bulb starts to change colour.
Then let that dry for 20 minutes before repeating. Works perfectly.

I now have nice silver front indicator lights.

Tags: